Saturday, February 27, 2010

Amazing Grace...

I finally had a free night of rented movies, microwave popcorn and a bottle of pinot noir all to myself and my oh my it was glorious. But the most glorious part of my self absorbed and overly glutinous evening was watching The September Issue; a behind the scenes look into the offices of Vogue and the making of the infamous September issue. And yes, the documentary was amazing like I assumed it would be, but when I wasn't drooling over the magnificent fashion, I surprisingly discovered the immense role that creative director, Grace Coddington plays in the overall development and success of making Vogue the best fashion magazine in the world.


A perfectionist at heart, Grace is known for creating story book and dream-like editorials that are captivating, spellbinding and fantastically whimsical. Oh and she's a sweetheart too, which makes her even more respected and valued in the fashion industry that is typically overflowing with harsh personalities.


Here's some of her most brilliant and vibrant editorials...


"Alice in Wonderland" with Natalia Vodianova, December 05'

















"Beauty and The Beast" with Drew Barrymore, April 05'










"The Wizard of Oz" with Kiera Knightly, December 05'
















"Masterpiece Theatre" with Daria Werbowy, December 07'













"Little Boy and Girl Lost" with Lady Gaga and Lily Cole, December 09'









"I like fairy tales, and I like dreaming. I try to weave the reality into the dream. When readers pick up Vogue, I want them to smile. Everything should be a little tongue in cheek, a little dare-to-go-there."
Grace Coddington

No comments:

Post a Comment